Many of you may find this funny, but if you hit a deer...do not attempt to leave your vehicle and go pet the damn thing! Yes, I saw it done recently and had I started this blog page a few weeks back, I would have had a better account of it. But, it was a few weeks ago when I took the trip up to Munising and to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. I also came across a bald eagle while heading up US 41 and also a bald old man not using his turn signals as I came up on him and noticed I was closing fast! I know, I know...it is so hard to use those darn turn signals!!!
Anyway, after getting into the lakeside town of Munising, I did venture into the water with my neoprene waders from Cabelas and did not freeze until about an hour and a half into fishing the Anna River. It was a bit lonely out there at the mouth, as it was early morning on a Saturday and the wind chill made the temperature around 15 degrees F. However, I was surrounded by many Mallard Ducks, both male and female and for those fisherman, outdoors-men and women, and duck enthusiasts, we know how noisy that can be.
The sun ended up warming it up a little bit and the 2 Coho Salmon I caught on a Cleo made it worth the trip. Of course, as I normally do, I released both of them as there were bigger ones out there. I just did not see or catch them later that morning.
So, my only issue or gripe of that day--neoprene fishing gloves. I seem to need new ones and the ones I have are rather old and leak quite a bit. All in all, besides some minor equipment issues and almost rear-ending an old bald man on US 41 North, It was another enjoyable winter day of fishing, hiking and site seeing in the U.P.
The haunted Toys R Us is now an unhaunted REI
14 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment